‘And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.’ ~ Anais Nin
Dear Kind Friend,
You are the Universe because you have everything you need to get started. I repeat, you have yourself a miraculous creation of life; the 98% that’s already been done for you. A sprinkle assembled and curated plus 2% consistent effort from you and poof, you control your destiny!
The shift is one you make in your mind when you decide it’s time to begin. You will know when you’re ready for the shift because the alternative of doing nothing will scare you more than the work to break through the fear you know is bound to happen because of your new actions.
Your shift, your blossoming and your emergence as a butterfly will happen along the way of the path of your intentions. Stay in your lane; fix your eyes on the prize; an immovable goal. Get better at making good choices and invest in your own emotional bank account because there will come a day when you need to be fully vested and ready to start filling the emotional bank account of others. Great family, friendships, partnerships will all require a person to be aware to create a satisfying and gratitude-filled life.
Atomic Ninja Butterfly, it’s time to shift and push through the discomfort of growth. You are the symbol of metamorphosis and transformation – the symbol of new life and finding your true inner expression. The butterfly calls you to expand your awareness, spread your wings and call forth your inner joy. Let go of limitations and free yourself to express your own beauty. It is also a time for spiritual transitions, from one phase of life to the next – reaching higher, reaching outward, leaving the safety of the cocoon, and finding your own place among the flowers of life, allowing the wind to carry you forward to your goals and dreams. A time of self-discovery and rebirth, the butterfly reveals a whole new life.
In every life a little rain will fall, and the only constant is change itself. One more list of the do’s and don’ts; the necessary no’s — it would be these:
· Don’t second guess your instincts — it might just be the voice of God
· Don’t over think everything so much — paralysis happens through over-analysis
· Stop apologizing all the time – mistakes will be made — let go, learn, and go on
· Stop asking for permission to take a risk, dream a big dream and speak your mind
· Stop worrying about what others think of you — what they think of you is none of your business (because those who matter don’t mind and those who mind, don’t matter Dr. Seuss)
· Stop looking in the rear-view mirror — you’re not going that way; you’re not going backwards (instead, start looking through the windshield)
· Stop beating yourself up for what you don’t have or can’t do; focus on what is a YES for you!
· Stop comparing yourself to other people — there’s only one rare bird named YOU
· Stop complaining about what you don’t like and go and create the things that you do like
Truth and myths, Lisa’s Lucky 13:
1. There is no prime of your life
2. You’re never going to feel ready for change
3. You’re never going to be fully prepared for change
4. There is no substitute for initiative
5. People will judge you
6. You are not a one trick pony
7. Perfection doesn’t exist
8. Shedding your old skin is hard
9. Pain is pain whether its applied to gain or failure
10. Your life is a result of the culmination of thoughts you have had since day 1
11. You are making excuses more than you realize
12. You are apologizing more than you need to
13. You are living on auto pilot more than you are aware of
Thank you for reading my book. Thank you for taking the first step in changing your life because you want to, not because you must. Thank you for allowing me to evoke ideas in you. Thank you for opening your mind to the feelings of inspiration (and possibly fear) and understanding they both have a role to play. Thank you for working on a plan of how to tackle the job of self-transformation. Voltaire said, “Perfect is the enemy of good.”
Most of all, thank you for deciding to ‘live into’ your dreams and as you succeed, please don’t forget your tribe, and cheer them in too.
‘You could pray for 1000 nights, visualize for 1000 days, give thanks for 1000 things; its only when you physically prepare the way dear friend, no matter how silly, tiny or futile your efforts may seem that 1000 miracles will find you.’ The Universe